How To Clean Ping Pong Table: Step by Step for 2021
Learning how to clean a ping pong table is a crucial skill for every ping pong enthusiast out there. If you want to make the most of the game, you have to make sure that your tools and arsenals are clean.
Of course, the ping pong table is your playing platform. It has to be of good quality to support dynamic and well-versed gameplay.
By doing this regimen, you will be able to maintain the quality of the table and preserve its structural durability.
Now, there are different ways you can do this process. Let’s start with the simplest method.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Clean A Ping Pong Table
- 2 Method 1: DIY Regular Cleaning
- 3 Method 2: Through Clean-Up
- 4 Method 3: How To Clean Ping Pong Table With Commercial Cleaners?
- 5 Cleaning The Table Net
- 6 How To Keep Your Ping Pong Table Clean?
- 7 Conclusion
How To Clean A Ping Pong Table
Method 1: DIY Regular Cleaning
This particular method is ideal for daily cleaning purposes. It will help you clear dust and stains that are present on the surface of the table.
Things You Need:
- Sponge or clean cloth
- Brush (with soft bristles)
- Lukewarm water
1. First, you need to get a clean cloth and wipe any loose dust and dirt on the table.
2. If there are hard to reach areas, you might want to use the brush to wick off the dirt. Gentle brushing is an effective means of dusting.
3. Next, soak another clean cloth in water and squeeze it tightly. You just need to make it wet, not fully drenched in water.
4. After that, you can start wiping the table with a wet cloth. Do this thoroughly until such time no more specks of dust are seen.
5. You have the option to let the table be air-dried. But of course, you can also wipe it with another clean cloth.
Method 2: Through Clean-Up
Sometimes, people use their ping pong tables as recreational utilities. It is not a new thing for us to see ping pong tables being used on beer pongs and party tables.
While these things aren’t the primary function of the ping pong table, people do them anyway. In fact, you might be guilty of them, too!
But don’t fret, though. You can still restore the original quality of the table through hard cleaning. You need to do this; otherwise, the item will be riddled with stains and hard-to-remove blemishes.
Things You Need:
- Sponge or clean cloth
- Brush (with soft bristles)
1. The first thing that you need to do is to remove the visible dust on the table.
You don’t want to wet the water while the dust is still there; it can result in the creation of repulsive grime.
2. After dusting the ping pong table, it is time that you erase the deep-seated stains and blemishes on it.
To do this, you need to mix the vinegar and water (in equal parts) and make them as your DIY cleaning solution.
3. Similar to the first method, soak a clean cloth to the vinegar-water solution. Once done, use the cloth to wipe the surface of the table, especially the areas with visible stain.
4. Focus on wiping the spots; do it thoroughly, but at the same time, not rigidly. You don’t want the table to get scratches.
5. Once satisfied, you can soak another clean cloth in water. Use it to wipe the entire table; doing this will help remove the strong odor that the vinegar has.
6. Let the table dry on its own. Alternatively, you can also use a clean cloth to wipe and dry it manually.
Method 3: How To Clean Ping Pong Table With Commercial Cleaners?
There’s nothing wrong if you want to opt for commercial cleaners for ping pong tables. By all means, they have the capability to restore to make your table look brand-new again.
However, let me remind you that not all ping pong table cleaners have the same quality. Some of those ordinary cleaners are too harsh to the paint and structure of the table.
Meanwhile, other cleaning solutions are not effective in removing stains and spots.
Of course, many want to get these commercial solutions for thorough cleaning; it would be disappointing if they can’t do such a task.
I do recommend that you check the composition of the commercial ping pong table cleaner. Specifically, you have to make sure that they don’t cause any adverse effects on the structure and paint of the table.
Also, don’t forget to check the market reviews, especially if you are going to buy the cleaner on online retail sites.
Cleaning The Table Net
Of course, you should never exclude the table net in the picture. You should also clean it.
Fortunately, this process is not that difficult:
- To do this, make a vinegar-water solution (5 parts water; 1 part vinegar) and use it as your cleaner.
- You just have to soak the entire net to the solution. Make sure that the fabric part is fully submerged.
- Also, there’s no real need to soak the attachments and vertical supports. You just have to wipe them with a clean cloth.
- Soak the fabric parts of the net for at least 30 minutes. After that, wash the net with water and let it be air-dried.
How To Keep Your Ping Pong Table Clean?
You see, it is not enough that you know to clean your ping pong table. You still have to learn how to preserve its cleanliness; otherwise, you’ll end up getting exhausted from dealing with the same problem time and time again.
One of the things that many ping pong professionals do to protect their ping pong tables is investing in a high-quality table cover. The latter is the one that protects the table from accumulating dust and dirt.
When you leave the ping pong table in the open, it is susceptible to getting dirty again. It will render your cleaning efforts in vain because you just let the dirt gather on the table again.
Even if you say that you have a basement or storage room for your ping pong table, that’s still enough to maintain the cleanliness of your ping pong table. You need to enclose it in a seamless ping pong cover to guarantee foolproof results.
And while you are it, make sure that you store the ping pong table from areas that are away from heat and cold. Wooden tables can easily warp and deteriorate if exposed to extreme temperatures.
If you think that your house doesn’t have enough space for a ping pong table, you have to prefer those foldable units instead. They can fold in half so that you can store them even in compact spaces.
Quick note: In KingKongPong, we researched and built TOP Products Review for Your Reviews. For more information, just click below.
Again, I have to emphasize that it is important you learn how to clean a ping pong table. This simple practice will allow you to preserve the quality of the table for as long as you can; it will let you save money from buying a new unit.
Furthermore, there’s no denying that you can execute your game better if your playing field is free from blemishes. You can guarantee that there are no “dirty” factors that can affect your performance.
By the way, if you are looking for a high-quality ping pong table, you should refer to this rundown of the best ping pong tables in the market. Check out here for more details!
I hope that you find this guide useful. For other related inquiries, feel free to ask me in the comment section below.